I use a 5-pt scale, with .5′s. The minimum a book can get is a 1 and the max is a 5. All the books on my Favorites page are 5′s.
1 — Terrible. Or just not the book for me. I’m thinking “well, this is annoying” the whole time I’m reading it
1.5 — I obviously did not like it.
2 — It might have had a couple of redeeming features.
2.5 — It had potential, but just did not meet expectations.
3 — All right, but I won’t read it again.
3.5 — Some parts may have been good, but it wasn’t as good as it could have been.
4 — Pretty good.
4.5 — Almost perfect.
5 — This is a book that absolutely became a part of my soul and I will add it to my favorite’s shelf
- Thin Space
- The People in the Trees
- Peregrine Harker and the Black Death
- Parallel Heart
- The Boy Who Could See Demons
- Aimless Love
- For the Good of Mankind
- Born to Blog
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself
- The Heart of the Matter
- Unexplained Fevers
- Gene Keys
- Sons of Liberty
- The Goddess in Every Girl
- Eat Move Sleep
- The Best of Connie Willis
- PS – You’re Invited
- The Books of Elsewhere #1
- The Dark Unwinding
Leisure Books (Not Obligated to Review)
- Timeless (won from Figment contest)
- Timekeeper (won from Figment contest)
- Change Anything (library book)
- Dragon Slippers (library book)
- Leviathan #1 (library book)
- How to Find an Agent (library book)
- Violet Raines Almost Got Struck by Lightning (ordered from Amazon)
- Reckless (ordered from Amazon)
- another library book…I forgot the title of…
- The Tragedy Paper (won from Figment contest)
- The Wind in the Willows (recommended by a friend)
- Angels and Demons (recommended by a friend)
- The Da Vinci Code (recommended by a friend)
- The Lost Symbol (recommended by a friend)
- Inferno (recommended by a friend)
I think I’ll keep Remembering Wonderland as chiefly a book review and book blog. I’m transferring my NaNoWriMo July 2013 journey over to my side blog, Tangled Inkspills — my poetry, prose and writing journey blog. Follow me on Tangled Inkspills and watch me write furiously/have fun/lose sleep/increase my caffeine intake over the month of July!